Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Going, going ...

Almost gone. This morning I hit a major milestone at Weight Watchers. I am now OFFICIALLY at the default weight setting of the elliptical trainer at the Y. Woooooo Whoooo!!! This has been a llllooooonnnnggggg time coming. I looked back over my WW history & it seems that from April to September of this year I had been playing around with the very same 5 lbs. But now this is a distant memory, yeah! So this puts me 4 lbs shy of my Weight Watchers goal (they told me this morning as soon as I get within 2 lbs of their goal, I don't have to pay every week, bonus!). And now I am a mere 10 lbs from my personal goal, which I am confident is totally doable by Christmas (my present to me). Now I can smell it, or is that the brown rice cooking? Did I mention I squeezed into a new pair of jeans today that have been sitting on a shelf in my closet, mocking me all summer??? Katie, are you listening? My promise to you is that when I hit my magic number I promise to take a picture in this little black dress (that I bought a few weeks ago but had major difficulties zipping up) and post it on the blog, just for you.

2 Comments:

At 10/15/2005 7:36 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

Well when you see the picture of me in a dress, you better download it because truly it will be a rare occurance. Not gonna make it to a size 4 like you Miss Bird, but it is nice to wear clothes that are in the single digits. See you in December!!!

 
At 10/16/2005 6:46 PM, Blogger Abby said...

I am SO very impressed and inspired! I'm ready to go back to WW after reading your post. Are you doing the "core" program? Way to go!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home