Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Friday, October 07, 2005

Bon Voyage

This was my last at Fawcett Elementary after 5 fabulous years. Great staff, great kids and a bunch of fun extra stuff to do. I am going to miss it all. But I am not the only one jumping ship. Below I am pictured (yes that's me posing for a picture, don't passout on your laptop) with Paul and Jewel, two 5th grade teachers who's last days are next week as they embark for new schools and new adventures.



I was counting and since the first of June last year we have lost a total of 8 staff members. Cindy, Shapreise and Kurt went to Stanley. Debbie to Spokane (hi Debbie, how is that crazy student of yours?) Jennifer to the Central Administration building (ooooooooooooo Miz Important). Paul to Boze and Jewel to Jefferson. You know when I left my last place of employment, half of the staff left within 2 months of me leaving. So I think it is only fair that I tell new employers that they need to make sure that I am happy because when I go, a whole lot of people tend to go with me. I need to remember to only use my power for good and not evil.

So Monday my new adventure begins at Franklin. Today I met the principal at Franklin and she seems wonderful. It just boggles my mind. For the number of crazy things that the district does, in my experience, they get really great principals. Go figure. Luckily it seems that the principals that they hire love the kids, take care of the staff and take what the district does in stride.

1 Comments:

At 10/10/2005 2:36 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

Enough of the compliments, sheesh. I do appreciate the restraint that you avoided the ra. And by the way young lady, this is a PG rated blog (on most days) so watch your language.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home