Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Fred Bear



Katie has some very good buddies from the dorm last year, Jenn and Bethany. Here we have Katie and Jenn shopping in the Medford Fred Meyers when who should they meet but Fred Bear (aka Bethany).

Though Katie's new room has some great furniture, she needed a bookshelf, which Jenn & Bethany have promised to help her put together (so you are off the hook for now Rob). And the mattress purchaser at SOU was Papa Bear from the story of Goldilocks, so we needed to get a cushy mattress topper. So with list in hand, Jenn & Katie attacked Fred Meyers. And when we couldn't locate something, Fred came to the rescue and led the way. Fred knows that store like the back of her paw.

The 4 of us went to lunch at Applebees (Bethany left the Bear suit at the store) and next onto Linen's & Things. We were all done there in time for me to get back to Ashland and the Blue Giraffe Spa for my hot stone massage with Zeb. Ahhhhhh, after I staggered out of there I did a little retail therapy of my own and found a couple of green things that I couldn't just leave in Ashland. Then I headed over to the football game for halftime. They were tied at 7 when I got there, which is good because they usually get clobbered by Western Oregon. After watching the halftime festivities, I headed over the the Women's Volleyball game. Their volleyball team has won the conference and region for the last 3 years. They are good & very fun to watch. They beat Concordia in 3 straight (the football team eventually lost 24-10). Next I headed to town to pick up dinner from Pangea's, my favorite wrap place, but they were closed, sad. Then over to Pilaf, my favorite vegetarian spot for take out, but they were likewise closed, hey! it's only 8:30. This town does really roll up early at night. Saved by Munchies, were I got a great veggie burrito, headed back to my "dorm" & large jacuzzi tub. The funny thing about this tub is that they left me some wonderful bath salts & a candle to add to the ambiance of relaxation...but no matches. Not even at the front desk. So next trip I will just have to plan ahead and bring my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home