Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Monday, October 10, 2005

First day at Franklin

I started my new job today. Franklin Elementary is not Fawcett, as I was reminded several times today, but it is a mere 2.1 miles from my house, which just begs to be a bicycle commute to work on nicer days.

I met all of the kids in my classroom & I like them. Even the toughest ones. And I didn't get bit or pinched once. But these battle scars may be inevitable as soon as I relax enough to feel like I am doing a good job. A little pinch of reality is sure to follow. But for now I have cat-like reflexes and have my guard up.

I really like the program that Heather, the classroom teacher, is in the process of setting up for all of the kids. I am hoping that as I learn & I do have a lot to learn, with these routines the kids will develop skills and I can make a difference in their lives. I am looking forward to this becoming natural to me so I don't have to constantly think so hard. I am also looking forward to getting to know the classroom staff, the staff in the other autism classes & the school staff. Tomorrow is afterschool volleyball so hopefully I will learn a few new names & have some faces to got with them.

1 Comments:

At 10/15/2005 7:49 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

Love you too! Battle wounds? Naaahhhhhh, your Mom's reflexes are too quick! Learned all my moves from watching a 9 year old girl goalie phenom hold back the boys from scoring!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home