Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Do I look stressed to you?

After an exhausting day at school (good day, but this job is the most demanding job that I have ever had) I ran my errands. With a full car I arrived home a little after 6. I unloaded the car, fed the dogs, put a kettle on the stove for a cup of tea. It was time to relax and unwind. Then I noticed our new neighbor in front of his house. So being a good Gladys Kravitz, I scooted out the front door for a neighborly visit. Jason offered to give me a tour of the progress of their house. Looking good, they should be moved in sometime in December. Then I chatted with the Ashley who mows our lawn. I finally strolled up the steps to find the front door locked. Hmmm, how could that happen? Reached in my pocket. No keys, darn. Then it hit me, the sound of the tea kettle screaming. My mind flashed to a picture of flames shooting up the walls of my kitchen. Ohmygosh!!! Now I am sprinting across the street to see if Marilyn had an extra set of my keys. Nope! OK, sprinting back across the street. Move the yard waste bin and hop the fence. Not like it happens in the movies. Ouch. The dogs had a good show. Ran into the house & turned off the burner with a whole 1/4" of water left in the pot. From here on out I am only cooking on the "Katie" burner. I walked out on the porch to let Marilyn know that all was well. I just couldn't figure it out, I am usually so good about unlocking the front door when I go out onto the porch. Then I saw it. The door to the den. I walked out the door to the den. I reached for the doorknob, it was still unlocked. It was unlocked the whole time. I was never locked out of the house. The mind is the first to go.

1 Comments:

At 10/24/2005 2:46 PM, Blogger TRACYS BIG BLOG said...

Where is a person with a camara when you need it. With all that Yoga you have been doing, jumping that fence was no problem at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home