Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Monday, September 19, 2005

TGIM!



Tonight was the big surprise party for Rob who turns the big 36 today! Matt came over as the big surprise guest. Katie put the whole surprise, decorations, cake, etc. together herself. She is quite the party planner & Rob couldn't have been more surprised. The cowboy theme was just the ticket for our little buckaroo.




As you can see, we were not short on food tonight. A big thanks to Tracy who was out entertaining his sister from Texas. Though he & Robert couldn't make it, they dropped off a wonderful stew (sorry no leftovers) with extra potatoes for Katie's last Monday before she goes back to school. Katie got all of her favorites kalbi steak, green bean casserole, bananas foster tart & oooodles of potatoes.



Katie looks a bit pale in this photo. She has been working herself to the bone with kindergarteners and getting all of her school stuff together. But she promises me that this year at school will be the best year ever. Keep smiling Katie!



And as the evening drew to a close, all that could be seen on N. 5th was Marilyn riding off into the sunset!

2 Comments:

At 9/21/2005 7:23 AM, Blogger TRACYS BIG BLOG said...

Oh my god. You guys had a great turn out. Sorry Robert and I missed it. I am glad that you all liked the stew. Rob sure did look like he was having a good time. I will miss Katie. Give her a big hug from us and we will see her when she gets back. I will be in spin class on Saturday. So stop by and say hi before you run out of there.
Talk with ya later
Tracy

 
At 10/03/2005 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Hey,

Kim sent me the url and I thought I would write a little message to say hello. I am bummed I am missing out on Oktoberfest tonight, a guy like me likes Beer and Weeners (Bratwursts-you dirty minded people). Hope all is well! School has taken over and I have a lot to do. Have fun tonight!

PEACE LOVE
Aaron

 

Post a Comment

<< Home