Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Friday, September 16, 2005

TGIF



After 11 days of school it's time for TGIF! Thanks to our new principal, Zeek who was the host with the most food & beverages galore. When he walked into the kitchen carrying the industrial size Artichoke Jalepeno dip, all I could say was I love this man. I have a feeling that he will be very successful at Fawcett. We had a great turnout, preschool through 5th grade. The nice thing about these gatherings is that you get to see the people that you work with. Between having classrooms at different hallways and lunch breaks at different times I go days without seeing people that I work with. And I really like the people I work with. At least the ones who read this blog.



Reunited cuz it feeeeeels so goooooood ... Do you think Shari & Georgene miss their ol' buddy Kurt? Heck yeah. Kurt moved from the 1st grade at Fawcett over to a kindergarten classroom at Stanley. He is really earning his paycheck with 20 very energetic Kindergarteners all day long. I have proof of this from Katie who was wokring with Kurt all last week. Katie keeps telling me that this experience has convinced her that she never is going to teach ... before she bends my ear each night for 2 hours about all the kids and what they did that day.



Mrs. Flynn & her excuse for not teaching since last December, Miz Maegan Michelle, stopped by to see what they were missing. Maegan is personality plus and has completely won over Katie as you can see. I don't think that Stacee misses all of the teacher talk. It was great to see them both.



One of our TGIF regulars, Mr. Art brought his lovely wife Sherry. We have these periodic gatherings just so we can all see Mr. Art. Always have a cold 12 pack of Fat Tire in the fridge to keep him happy.



Name that Tooshie! It's a dangerous thing to come to my house and talk to the fish in the pond when I have my camera handy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home