Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

No Pictures Today!

Today, Jewel & I took a little bike ride. It was soooooo UGH-LY that pictures would be too much for you to take.

First of all let me point out that today is July, not March, not October, so when we embarked on our ride we didn't expect it to be 54 degrees!!! It was cold!

I picked the route, a fun little ride out to Sumner. Chris and I have done this ride a bunch of times & really enjoyed it. First we had trouble getting out of Tacoma with construction every where we turned. When we finally made it to Levy Road, trucks. Giant semi-trucks whizzing by as Jewel and I struggle to hold our own hugging the 3 inch shoulder. So we adjusted the route and headed toward Puyallup.

Have you ever been driving across railroad tracks at the instant that the warning bells start to sound? Just a bit startling. Let me tell you that the same experience when you are on a bike can be an underwear changing event.

When we finally faced the hills of Tacoma we hit an unbelievable head wind. C'mon, can't we get a break today. Apparently not. I think Jewel thought I was trying to kill her off. Sorry Jewel, better luck next week.

1 Comments:

At 7/23/2008 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It may have been cool at 54 but at least your forecast has you reaching highs in the 70's. The forecast for today in Anchorage is highs in the mid to upper 50's! And its raining... again! On WU there is a notice for Anchorage saying that so far this is the coolest summer on record! I would kill for 54 in the morning, particularly if it got to 70+ by the end of the day. I'm whining, I know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home