Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Thursday, July 03, 2008

TALL ships

Today the TALL ships returned to Tacoma. And thanks to the Rotary 8 Auction, I had a great front row view of the parade. Dig this balcony. It looks as if it goes to infinity and beyond .... and it does. It was condo # 7 at 1 Stadium Way, next to Stadium High School. I didn't realize until we hit the 7th floor that condo # 7 was the entire 7th floor. Yikes!



Don't the kids look good. Zach, Joanne, Megan & Paul I think had a good time hangin with the oldster. I am sure the lovely cocktail menu of specialty martinis helped a lot.



And the food was totally amazing. This is Emily, who prepared our wonderful meal of munchables. Doesn't she look fabulous in green? The menu was stacked with artichokes. As you might guess, Emily has successfully won my admiration as the best chef in town!



Here comes the last TALL ship in the parade, the Coast Guard Eagle. Not sure why I didn't get a lot more TALL ship pictures. Was it the artichokes? The martini's? Or the wonderful company that distracted me. Whatever it was, I know I had a great time when the TALL ships paraded into Tacoma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home