Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

What's in a name?

I think every living hippie has moved to Oregon to have their children.

Yesterday, I met Katie after her class and we went to lunch at Mother's, our Portland comfort food restaurant. Our waitress's name was "Promise". Next I had to go to Walgreens. I went to the pharmacy and told them what I needed and the helpful person there said it was on aisle 3 and if I needed help to look for "Happiness" in the blue shirt. I found both "Happiness" and the item I was looking for. (If you ever find yourself in need of "Happiness" I can tell you what Walgreens you can find her in). Finally, after Katie got off work we walked to her favorite McMenamins watering hole. the Ram's Head. There we chatted with her good friend and favorite bartender, "Freedom".

At that point I began to wonder what ever possessed me to give "Katie" such a weird name.

1 Comments:

At 7/10/2008 1:52 PM, Blogger Christina said...

I just wanted to tell you how great it is to have you blogging on a regular basis again. You were missed! (by the way, this is Derek's aunt)
Katie isn't such a weird name, mine is Christina.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home