Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Good Morning from the River

As some know, I have been looking at places on the water for weekend trips (and occasionally longer). The end of May I put an offer on a cute little house boat on the Multnomah Channel. Superstitious as I am, I like to keep these things to myself until they really, really happen. I may not have the power to save the world, but my power to jinx a good thing is unchallenged. Since I got the keys yesterday, it is real now.

Here is the view from the float first thing in the morning. Sunrise peeks out from behind Mt. Adams. I have a view of the tip top of Mt. Adams & most of Mt. St. Helens.



The land on the other side of the Channel is Sauvie Island. Covered by a wild life refuge and family farms, this is a place I look forward to exploring on my bike.



Looking up the Channel to the west is a pretty view of the other house boats and the glassy early morning water.



Now I do expect visitors because half the fun of this is sharing it with friends (the other half, of course, is getting away from friends, kidding). With 2 bedrooms and 2 baths there is plenty of room for a Portland getaway. I am taking July to fill it up with furniture, paint & do a few minor changes. Then we will be all ready for company. So check your calendars.

I know what you're thinking. Yeah, she's leaving Tacoma and we will all get our Monday nights back. HA! Think again, you can't get rid of me that easy.

3 Comments:

At 6/28/2008 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary, Eve and Eli would like to be put on the list of early visitors. Mitch would probably like to come if you get Sox games there.
Congrats!
MB

 
At 6/28/2008 10:48 AM, Blogger Arctic Knitter said...

Yeah for you!! The environs look gorgeous - can't wait to visit.

 
At 6/28/2008 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When do we see pictures of the actual boat?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home