Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Thank you Mary

and Eve and Eli.

About a month ago, my friend and neighbor Mary told me that she wanted to pitch a story to the Tacoma News Tribune about my backyard. My response was oh sure (I like to keep Mary happy so she won't "accidentally" leave her children or husband, sorry Mitch, at my house). A few weeks later the Photo Editor from the TNT called and wanted to send a photographer out to take pictures of "me & my yard". Me??? I don't think so. I called Mary and said I needed Eve and Eli to come over when the photographer arrives because I'm not going to be the TNT's cover girl.

If you want to read Mary's fabulous article check it out. She makes me sound very articulate (don't remember being that articulate when we talked, but I must have been). The truly most exciting thing about this is that I can brag I have been immortalized (or at least my back yard has been) by the famous writer who has published biographies about both Hilary Duff and Akon.


This would be the before picture of the back of the yard.



And this would be the after picture of that same area now.



Fredrick and company did a great job of posing for the camera.



Eve and Eli doing what they do best, patrolling my pond. Don't fall in you two!!!

2 Comments:

At 6/15/2008 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Sandy. This was a seriously difficult assignment ... not as tough as making 50 Cent's life story appropriate for 9- to 12-year olds ... but difficult all the same.
Mary

 
At 6/16/2008 4:27 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

I knew I should have had cocktails ready for you during the photo shoot. drat! Next time for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home