Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Wheels to Meals

Wheels to Meals is a charity bike ride that supports the Food Connection in Tacoma. I decided that I wanted to ride the 40 mile course (a nice challenge for me). Then I made the mistake of riding with friends. Here we are, fresh as daisies and ready to ride!



Jewel & Mary looked at the mileage for the "40" mile course and told me it was actually 48.1 miles. The 50 mile course was a 53.1, so with this logic, why not ride the 50??? The picture below is an illustration of why not to ride the 50 and why not to trust your friends. Mary has stopped a local and is asking directions. Our less than clear directions had us turn around 3 times, making our total mileage 58 miles. Ow!



So after this harrowing experience, I crawled off my bike at the finish line & merely said, "Where's the beer???" In retrospect I should have said "Where is the spring water?" and then did 15 minutes of stretching. Tara, wife of the ride organizer Kevin, joined us in our victory/survival celebration!




Ok Jewel & Mary, next year we are doing the 70 mile course, so try to keep up with me. & I don't want to hear whining out of either of you!!!! Call it Sandy's Excellent Revenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home