Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Knitting Break

I bet you were all wondering what I was doing when Katie and Margaret were doing all of that reading. I was attempting to knit. Lace knitting is completely new for me. I used to think that lace knitters were crazy. I don't know if my opinion has changed or if I have just join the crazy club. It took me 2 whole days of knitting and ripping before I thought I had it figured out. Then I knitted for two days, until my scarf was about 10 inches long (proud, I was so proud). Then disaster struck. I had one too many stitches, after back knitting, I had one too few, then I tried to correct the error of my needles when I dropped a stitch in the middle of the row. Arrrgh! I took a deep breath and cut the yarn. This picture represents knitting on a 6 hour flight from Anchorage to Chicago.

1 Comments:

At 7/27/2007 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the fight Sandy! I'm sure we'll have a lot to commisserate about once I get started on my scarf!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home