Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Portland Surprise!!!

Did I mention that I had a FABU time in Portland a couple of weeks ago??? I love Portland. Love the food, love the yarn stores, love the Benson. Love, love, love Portland. But this most recent trip was extra special because I got to FINALLY meet Katie's good friend Becca. It's been Becca this, Becca that for months now. Every time that I went down, we never got the chance to meet. (To be honest, I almost got to the point that I started to worry a little about Katie and her "imaginary friend" Becca). But no worries, Katie doesn't need a straight jacket (yet). This trip I met the one and only Becca. Not only did she introduce us to Voodoo Doughnuts most unmentionable carbohydrate delights and Pambiche marvelous Cuban Cuisine, but the girl knits. Making her practically perfect in every way. And if that wasn't enough, I got a great card & package from her this week with these adorable martini earrings. Upgrading her now to totally perfect in every way. Thank you Becca, you shouldn't have (but I am very glad you did). Can't wait til we meet again and you get your first taste of Pink Martini!!!!



I also have to say, that I was truly blessed 21 years ago with this little person named Katie. I am so glad that she has made the choices that she has in life, because each and every one of them has made my life much better. I am glad that she played hockey, quit hockey to go to SOTA, found Ashland her sophomore year, left Ashland for Portland and puts up with all of my crazy addicitons. Without her my life would be merely 3 sad shades of grey. I could go on, but I won't. So for all of her fabulousness, I made her a small token of my esteem ... socks, the color of which is Puck's Mischief. You knew I would work knitting into this some how :0 Love you Katie!

3 Comments:

At 4/26/2007 6:42 AM, Blogger Naomi said...

A very sweet post!!

I can verify that both Katie and Becca are AWESOME women!

We already knew you, Sandy, are awesome!

You words to Katie - well let it be known the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree!

 
At 4/27/2007 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaahhh, Sandy...you are the best mother, friend, mentor anyone could ever ask for...

 
At 4/27/2007 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandy it is all thanks to YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU everything is thanks to you
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home