Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Train to Portland

I visit Portland on a semi regular basis. I like to visit Katie, hit the yarn shops, stay at the Benson, and get lost in Powells. Every time I go, friends say, "You should take the train." So this time I did. I wouldn't have to drive & I could knit on the train. While I'm in Portland, I can steal Katie's car. It's the best of all worlds. Or at least, that is what I thought.

I booked the 10:31 am train. (I decided the 12:05 pm would get in to Portland too late in the afternoon). Got to the train station before 9:30 to get my ticket and make sure I wasn't late. This is what the train tracks looked like at 10:31.




So the train is running late. Delayed until 11 am, then 11:30 am, then Noon. At this point I realize that if I just drove to Portland when I left the house, instead of driving to the train station, I would have been in Portland by now. grrrrrrr.

Oh lookie, here comes the train!!!!



Not our train. It's the 12:05 train (running on time). The 12:05 train that I didn't book because it would arrive in Portland later than I wanted to get there.

Oh here comes my train (10 minutes behind the 12:05). So the next person who suggests that I take the train to Portland, beware, take a big step back because I can't be responsible for my reaction.


1 Comments:

At 4/23/2007 9:12 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Glad you took care of my bestest friend and both of you had a great time doing that knitting thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home