Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Le Happy and Voodoo

Katie is a big fan of Le Happy. Le Happy is a fabulous French inspired creperie. The crepe combos are limitless and the cocktails are delish too. I would highly recommend the "Frisky Mitch". I had no idea his reputation stretched all the way to Portland. Way to go Mitchy.



Katie was all set for a dessert crepe when her friend Becca intervened. Becca suggested that we do Voodoo Doughnuts, open 24 hours and only a few blocks from Powells. Since I try to keep the content of this blog teetering on a PG rating I am not able to tell you the name of their signature doughnut. I can't even post a picture of Katie about to bite into it (but if you email me I will email the picture to you). I can tell you what the components of this magical doughnut are. The Voodoo artists scuplt into a masterpiece of sugar and carbs consisting of 2 cream filled doughnuts and a large twist doughnut cleverly positioned, then covered with a layer of chocolate glaze. Yum! Did I mention that it was huge?

3 Comments:

At 4/16/2007 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frisky Mitch? Wow--that's what Mary called me while we were in Mexico! ;)

 
At 4/16/2007 4:36 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

Really??? I thought Mary called you Wheezin' Mitchy. It's a rare women who feels post nasal drip as a turn on ; )

 
At 4/16/2007 8:12 PM, Blogger Arctic Knitter said...

MMMMM Doughnuts! Okay - did my imagination get the best of me? Sounds very interesting.... Are there any 'kid' friendly doughnuts? :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home