Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Ta Da!!!

Hey, look, it is a sock. I have been working on this bad boy for more than a month. One word in my defense, I didn't have a pattern to follow, I had my neighbor Pat one night a week. Pat has been my sock mentor, and it's all her fault. She was wonderful enough to give me a pair of her handknit socks for Christmas. In January I found this wonderful Blue Moon sock yarn at Madrona Fiber Arts Winter Retreat. So with Pat's encouragement (and everyone else who had ever told me that they love to knit socks) I thought I would try again.




As you can see, I have started on Sock #2, so there is hope that my one sock may evolve into a pair. So Katie there is hope that I may even knit a pair of socks for you too (of course they will be wool and I will finish them in July or August). Naomi, don't worry, I have not abandoned my shrug. I am planning some serious shrug time next week during spring break. But for now, I am just very proud of my one sock.

2 Comments:

At 4/06/2007 11:32 AM, Blogger Arctic Knitter said...

Cool sock!! Good to see you're not suffering from the dreaded 2nd sock syndrome. I, too, have 1 sock done - need to cast on now! I'll post photo soon. Ciao!

 
At 4/07/2007 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you rubber-ize the bottoms so that they'll be slippers??? Keep up the great work...too intense for me...lol...lol...lol...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home