Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

My Newest Favorite-ist Place

Hi Katie,
Let us introduce ourselves, we are Russ and Dave from Doyle's Public House, next door to King's Books on St. Helen's in Tacoma. We figured that you were missing Ireland by now, so we decided to open a Fabulous Irish Pub in Tacoma. Did we mention that we will be serving Bangers & Mash, starting May 1st??? Or that you can watch the 2006 World Cup with us??? But darn. We have to wait for you until December 17th. The good news is that the 17th of every month is St. Practice Day ( gotta do a lot of practicing to get St. Patty's day right come next March). So what is St. Practice Day? Well you will just have to wait til your 21st b day, but we guarentee that you will love it. We promie to save you some Bangers & Mash! See you soon!



As I was driving home from the Y at Oh Dark 30, I noticed Doyle's Public House. How could I have missed this??? An Irish pub right in my own neighbornood. On the way home from work this afternoon, I drove by & it even looked better by the light of day. So I called my favorite leprechaun, Rob. But he was too busy for dinner, sigh. 5 minutes later, my phone rang, Rob decided he could take a quick break for dinner. (Must have been that Irish thing that got to him).



Now I want you to know that this is the first picture that I have taken of Rob where he didn't flip me off. Must have been the Boddingtons, or was it the Harp? What a fun and fabulous place. It has a great atmosphere and the food was great. The beer, unbelieveable, fresh Guinness, yum! How do I know this? Well, I tried to be good. One beer, the Boddington's. Then after dinner Rob (I just have time for a quick break) ordered a Guinness (hey, it's an Irish Pub already). He started raving & then I just had to break my one beer rule. The rule of course was shattered when Rob ordered 2 more Guinness's for both of us.



So if you like beer, go to Doyle's. If you like pub food, go to Doyle's. If you miss Ireland, go to Doyle's. If you have never been to Ireland, go to Doyle's. If you don't like beer or wine, but like mixed drinks, go to Doyle's (they have a full bar). If you want to go to the coolest place to hang out in Tacoma, go to Doyle's. If you are happy, sad, tired, bitchy, bored, call me, we'll go to Doyle's.



Katie, don't worry, when you come home next, I will bring you home take out Bangers & Mash from Doyle's.

1 Comments:

At 5/06/2006 7:21 PM, Blogger TRACYS BIG BLOG said...

I want to go to Doyles. That is so strange. I have never seen this place before. How long has it been around? Bangers and Mash, I LOVE THAT. We should all go over there and have drinks and eat Bangers and Mash.
hhahahah
Tracy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home