Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Ladies in Red

Though it's not our favorite color, I must admit that we Farewell girls look good in red.



I knew that when Katie came home for the weekend, she'd need a car, my car. Lucky for me that last weekend at the Rotary auction they had a corvette for the weekend available to bid on. I won. I figured that if Katie was driving around in my car, I wouldn't mind so much if I was driving around in a little red corvette. Sure beats the "Rent a Wreck" yugo or gremlin.

Driving a corvette is fun. A lot of fun. But truth be told, I really missed my Prius. I don't know what to do with car keys anymore. My prius keys live in my purse & my car is smart enough to know they are there. I really missed the back up camera, parallel parking isn't as much fun when you have to turn around. And finally when my cellphone rings, actually having to pick it up and hold it to my ear is just soooooo 20th century.





Katie, you sure do look cute in a corvette.

2 Comments:

At 3/31/2006 4:33 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

Katie really! Murder? I don't think so. Murder is such a strong word. I prefer Justifiable Homicide.

 
At 1/07/2007 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need the prius worse now with the price of gasoline on the rise.
Then again, I think I would like a green fuel car greener than you Saint Patrick out fit. Something to run biodiesel fuel in.

Like to watch funny videos? I have collection of them at my blog. Love for you to come visit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home