Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Look Dad, it's us!!!

Hey Dad, I know that you are a big fan of Sandy's blog. And tonight we are the stars. We just wanted you to know what we do when you go to Seattle to watch the White Sox play the Mariners. (Tough break for the White Sox tonight, losing to the Mariners 4-3 in the 11th. Just want you to know that we know the Sox will be in the World Series anyway).


So we came over to Sandy's backyard and we had to feed the fish, because they looked very, very hungry.



They were soooooo hungry they even tried to eat Eli. They make these weird sounds when they suck on his finger. Ick! I wouldn't let them suck on my fingers. But Eli is a boy and sometimes boys do dumb things, at least that what Mom tells me. She says I need to remember that when I am in high school. I might forget by then, so I hope that she reminds me.



Instead, I saved the wooden duck. It fell over in the mud and couldn't get back up without my help. So I walked across the pond rocks and rescued the poor thing.



Eli is learning about pond life in school this week, so this was kind of like homework. It was very educational. So we might have to go back lots. Just for Eli's sake.



Sandy says that this was the first time that anybody tried to surf in her pond. I did great and so did Eli. And we didn't even fall into the pond. At least not this time.

Love,
Eve

ps ... maybe the White Sox will do better tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home