Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Friday, April 28, 2006

A beautiful day

Talk about amazing weather for April. I think it hit 84 degrees in Portland today. Sunny, clear and perfect.

The workshop that I went to was great. And we got out early so, I high tailed it to the Naked Sheep (a Portland yarn store). What a cute shop. With spring green walls.



Love the little sheep logo. I am telling you, Tacoma knitters, we need to do a Portland yarn crawl.



After the workshop & yarn shop, I was starving. So I talked to Nick (the hotel valet) to find a great place for dinner. If you want a great restaurant don't talk to the concierge, or the front desk. Go straight to the valet or door man. Find out where they love to go. Where they make sure they take their best friend who is visiting from out of town for the weekend. Nick sent me to Mother's Bistro & Bar. Ohmygosh, was it ever fabulous.



The interior of the restaurant looked as if it was straight out the 1890s. Imagine Barbara Streisand coming down the big staircase in "Hello Dolly" and you would be looking at Mother's. I ate in the bar aka the Velvet Lounge & Cafe. The food was amazing. Their specialties are comfort foods, but done really, really well. I couldn't decide (what else is new) so my great waitress brought me a 1/2 size Mexican Chop Salad (amazing) and the Macaroni & Cheese d'jour. They do a different Mac & Cheese everyday. Today's was fettucini with a spectacular wild mushroom cheese sauce. mmmmmmmmm. Since Katie is the true Mac & Cheese critic, I had to call her with my mouth full and just moan. She loves me!



I finished the evening with a quick trip (under 3 hours) to Powells City of Books. Heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home