Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

You better watch out ...

Katie Farewell is comin' to town. Tomorrow. So I have one more day to look at pictures before I get to see the real thing. Here are a few of my all time favorites (Rob helped me figure out how to get blogger to show them). Classics from childhood. The kind of pictures you know the moment that you take them are destined to become 8x10 glossies, strategically positioned around the house when she finally braves bringing date home to meet the family.

Katie the cowgirl. Isn't she sweet in pink? This was taken when she was 5 and a kindergartener. Yee Haw girlfriend!




Crazy hair day in 6th Grade. I think we were up at 5:30 am that day to create this divine look. Boy, did she have second thoughts when she pulled up to school & didn't see one other crazy hair creation. She thought she had the wrong day. Luckily she was right about the day & had a few friends who joined in, but she was definitely the craziest! Dig the polo shirt! This was Katie's uniform for 3 years. She hated polo shirts so much when she finally left middle school that she swore she would never wear another one again.




Katie & the Hockey years, or should I say decade! This was taken when she was on the all boys Squirt Teal Team. This was the group that drove to Calgary for a weekend tournament. People who weren't in hockey used to tell us that we were crazy. Truth be told, they were right.



And my personal favorite. Katie Oh Natural! She was one at the time & not a self conscious bone in her body. She doesn't pose like this for the camera anymore, & as her Mom, I must say that I am quite glad of that. But remembering her days of innocence when she trusted me completely, even when I had a camera, is fun. Look at that face. She had no idea how I would post this picture on the world wide web for the whole planet to view. Love you Katie!!!

1 Comments:

At 12/24/2005 6:11 PM, Blogger TRACYS BIG BLOG said...

Oh my GOD....Is that Katie. Oh she is so cute. Look at that little girl. I would just have a fit if my mother had done this to me. You poor thing. Get her Katie, get her....
Tracy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home