Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Thanksgiving 2005!!!

Thanksgiving is becoming my most favorite holiday. Once that holiday that I dreaded (long story), Thanksgiving has been my favorite holiday in 04 & O5, thanks entirely to family. This year we visited Arroyo Grande, CA (near Santa Barbara). Ya know, the beach, the sun, not a bad place to fly to in November.



We stayed with my favorite cousin from childhood, Ken (sorry Sharon) and his fabulous wife Sallie Mae. I think I was born with a crush on Ken. When we were preschoolers he could make me laugh for hours & I followed him around like a puppy dog. Family lore claims that I swore I would marry him (I obivously didn't have that whole cousins shouldn't marry thing figured out then). They have a great house and love entertaining the whole clan. So we spent the Saturday after Thanksgiving bbq-ing and toasting marshmellows over the bonfire into the night. They apologized for cool evening. Helloooooo, it's November, I think we can handle the 60s. These people are obviously spoiled.



This is Sharon and Dave. Sharon is Ken's sister. I may have had a crush on Ken, but I can honestly say that Sharon was the person I aspired to be. She was my idol. Growing up, Sharon could do no wrong, my life goal was to be her. I remember a dress that she handed down to me. It was red (yes, red) velvet with giant red flocked roses on a white sheer skirt. I loved that dress and cried when I finally outgrew it. To me, Sharon was beyond cool, and still is. She has a great career and husband. She also has two very wonderful daughters and 3 adorable grandkids, and she is only 3 years older than me. Having grandchildren to spoil seems too cool. Be afraid Katie, be very, very afraid.



Emily and Natalie look very excited to be giving up their rooms to us once again. They are great sports. And as you can see by this picture, very loving sisters. Emily is the knitter, Natalie crochets & both can kick Katie's butt at a mean game of Skipbo.



Danielle is Ken's oldest daughter & in my humble opinion the "coolest". She is personality plus as you can tell by this picture. I really enjoy just hanging out with her and listening to her tell stories. She has a gift of humor that keeps everyone riveted. She is very smart and can make anything interesting. Even stories about of all places, Home Depot.



Did we mention that sneaky Ken had a painting party planned for us on Saturday? If you want to see what color we painted Ken's barn, just ask to see my jeans. It's a paint that never comes out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home