Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Let It Snow!!!



Not the best picture, but I was worried the snow might not last til the light of day. I took this picture at 6:10 am (sunrise isn't until 7:48) when I got home from the Y. Yes, there are 121 school districts closed or delayed today & I was still at the Y at 5 am. Bonus, I got the best parking place ever. Of course, Spin Nazi Liz was there along with 6 other dedicated victims. And you'd think she'd be kind to the hearty few, nnnaaaahhhhhh.

Yesterday it started to snow about mid morning. Snow to Northwest kids (and adults) is absolute magic. Not a lot of learning happened, we just couldn't stop watching it float down. I drove home after late night conferences on wet streets, with a little snow on the grass, but since the temp was stuck at 34, I didn't have much hope that we'd get the snow predicted. But when nature called at 12:20am, I looked out the window and boy was it ever coming down. Fortunately, or unfortunately, it was the heavy wet stuff, a few inches on the roads, no ice, but very slushy.

Schools are closed everywhere today, but it's not really a snow day for me, Elementary schools already had it scheduled off. I already have appointments and errands scheduled for the whole day (ending with a hot stone massage at 4pm, yes!). The December crunch has started. I made my list, checked it twice & I have about 100 days worth of stuff to get done in the next 22 days ... piece of cake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home