Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Mall Stories

Ok, so I don't like shopping at the mall. I actually dread it. I would much rather give my money to a small local shop where I can chat and catch up on the neighborhood doings with the owner. But sometimes I just have to bite the bullet and go to the mall for those few things I can't find anywhere else. This was the case tonight. I left the house at 4, told the dogs that I would be back in a couple of hours and bravely plotted my course for the mall.

I park near Macy's and walked in. I thought since I was there anyway, I would pop up to the second floor where they keep the short people clothes and look for a fancy sweater for my little black dress that should fit really well, in 5 lbs. Oh oh, a sale. And if that isn't bad enough, they have GREEN things on sale. Well it won't hurt to look.

8 hangers later I trek into the dressing room, past the sign that says 4 garment limit & start trying on clothes. I emmerge with 4 things that might work, including a jacket (green) that I'm not sure where I'd wear, but I am hoping for a good rationalization later. I pick up a few more things and then migrate toward dresses. I am still looking for a sweater for my dress, so I think that maybe good dress sweaters with be hanging out in Dressland. I pick up a few more things, black jacket for the dress + matching skirt and head to the dressing room now lugging 12 hangers. Past the 4 garment limit sign & into a room. What I thought was a jacket is really a top, but tried it anyway with the skirt and checked it in the 3 way mirror. Looks good, but I am not sure, will it be too hot, will I really wear it & then there is the jacket.

I need help & not a sales person working on commission to be found. Hey, I have a serious pile of clothes here. I just need a tiny little compliment & I could make a commissioned salesperson's night. No help. I need help. Ok, do I know a professional who lives nearby??? I'll call Jenn. Jenn & Jessica & Sarah are professional shoppers. They actually like the mall. They like several malls. Maybe Jenn could give me a little phone encouragement & my agony will end.

i dial. She answers. Is she busy? No, just talking on the phone to Jessica, what do I need? Well, I hem, I haw and then I explain that I am standing in a dressing room at Macy's. Without one more word, Jenn blurts out, "i'll be there in 15 minutes!" Click. She made it in 10. My mall and shopping allergies are well known, but when I professional shopper hears that a lost soul has found themselves in a dressing room it's a bigger deal than a crack addict getting clean and finding religion.

Long story short. Jenn came, she saw, she conquered. I made one nice salesperson very happy and I left the mall at 9 pm, so glad that the dogs can't tell time. Though they were slightly miffed. Now don't faint, but I actually had fun. Couldn't have been the mall, must have been the company. Thank you Jenn & Kurt for a wonderful evening, we must do it again sometime ,,,, maybe April 2006.

1 Comments:

At 11/11/2005 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We may convert you yet!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home