Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Monday, October 31, 2005

hallllllooooooowwwweeeeen 2!

Welocme to my Haunted House of Fun. Who says Halloween is just for the kids?

Yes it is me. I was sooooo disappointed that I didn't have time to dress up, so I had to wear my usual home attire. Is the dress divine or what. I got it from my girlfriend, Dominique. She says that Tracey doesn't like her in green (fool) so she passed it along to me. Green, I think I can find a place for it in my wardrobe. Robert was kind enough to shape my wig and give me extensive instructions so I would look fab. And I do, Thank you Robert!!!!

The most talked about dish to arrive was Tracey's "Kitty Litter Cake" served in a kitty litter box and served with a kitty litter scoop. If you can get past what you are looking at, the cake is delish. You just have to get past how totally realistic it looks.

Chris had no problem getting past the looks. One of my favorite reasons that Chris has been a Monday night regular since day one. Truth be told, the first Monday Night Dinner we ever had came about because I was trying to figure out how to get Chris the wonder chef to cook in my kitchen. So he is a star chef, all around fun guy & has proven that he will eat ANYTHING! That's how I get leftovers and desserts out of the house, I just pack them up and he takes them. We love Chris.

Did I mention that we got a little crazy? Well its not our fault. Tom and Peter wouldn't come to the party so we had to bring the party to them. Specifically we brought the Kitty Litter Cake to their house, rang the doorbell and then ran and hid. How Jr. High of us. Tom doesn't seem to be really thrilled with our halloween humor.

Speaking of Halloween Humor, I am surprised that Peter is talking to me let alone giving me a hug (check his hands for sharp objects and email me if you notice anything susupisous). Peter opted out of Monday night because he wanted to give candy out to the kids that came to their house. So I thought if I could clean him out of candy quick, he would come and join us for dinner. Then my evil plan: I told every kid that came to our door to go to Peter's house, demand a handful or two and announce that Sandy had sent them. Of course Peter is so well prepared buying enough to feed hurricane victims world wide). Luckily about 9, he came down for a quick visit. As always, greeeeaaaaattttt having you Peter.

1 Comments:

At 11/02/2005 11:30 AM, Blogger TRACYS BIG BLOG said...

oh my GOD. The Cake looks Great. But seeing Chris eating it, looks horrible. I made the cake and I don't think I would of been able to eat that. You guys are so crazy. I love the look on Toms face holding the cake. Sandy you looked great, glad to see you put on your sundays best for the Halloween Party, you Rock... Take care and hope to see ya again later.
Tracy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home