Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Halloween as a 4 day Holiday

Ya know, when Halloween falls on a Monday, it becomes this 4 day holiday. You get parties on Friday night, Saturday night, events Sunday afternoon & the big candy sacrifice on Monday night. So in my tour of Elementary school carnivals last night (by the way, when I drove past Lowell on my way home I could tell by the cars that they were having a carnival too, but I refrained from stopping) I hung out with a very diverse group of individuals.

First there was Daniel. Daniel is a preschooler in Miss Jessica & Miss Sarah's class. Look at those bulging muscles. (they do yoga in their class every day & it really looks like it's working for Daniel) Doesn't he look tough??? You should of seen him an hour later when he thought his parents had ditched him for a romantic evening alone, somewhere else, he was a loud, wet, soggy mess.



Hailey & Chloe are sisters. Chloe is still in preschool, while Hailey has moved on to Kindergarten. Last year in preschool, Hailey had the BIGGEST crush on a 5th grade boy in our class. She was stuck on him like glue. I wouldn't be surprised if Hailey tracks him down post high school and marries him. You can tell that she be a woman who always gets what she wants.



After Fawcett, I went to Jefferson and met this cute little flower and then she smiled. Orange Fangs!!! I am guessing that Mom picked out the flower costume when this angelic looking child really wanted to be a witch. It's soooooo sad when a Mom has such a great costume idea and the loved and adored child just won't get on board with it! (Know anything about that Katie??? I'm not bitter. Really, I have totally let go).




And my costume winners for the night is this flock of chickens I saw at Jefferson. Dig the Tasmanian Devil slippers on the one on the left. The picture doesn't capture how adorable they were. You had to see them when they moved. They sauntered around, looking even more like chickens. Too funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home