Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Frightening

Imagine my shock and horror to find that Katie's dorm room was the most recent victim of an Al Qaeda bombing. I would post pictures, but I would have to post a warning that the images may be offensive to some people. I have just been digging out from under her bed. It hasn't been all terrible, I did make a fast $3.37 for my efforts. Hey, when did they start doing funny things to nickels???

Actually, it has been great being with Katie and shopping in Ashland. Don't tell Weight Watchers but we had a fabulous dinner last night, Garlic & Gorgonzola raviolis, and excellent lunch today, with my favorite hors'devore of Halloumi and pita. Will have to whip that up for a Monday night soon. My bed and breakfast is to die for, staying in the Othello room with a jetted lap pool for a tub and a double sided fire place. One side faces the bed, the other sits at the end of the tub. And breakfast, mmmmmmmmm. I might have to skip the WW weigh in this Saturday. But in my defense, I was at the Ashland Y at 6:30 this morning & burned 650 calories on the eliptical trainer. Might have to make another visit after dinner tonight.

Well the packing princess has another box for me to schlep down to the car. I'm doing the schlepping down the stairs so it will be her turn to schlep up the stairs when we return home. Mom's always thinkin'.

2 Comments:

At 6/10/2005 11:41 AM, Blogger Grandma Willoughby said...

All your talk of yummy foods is killing me. I better go nuke my "breakfast-in-a-box". Thank goodness for Aunt Jemima.

 
At 6/13/2005 11:06 AM, Blogger TRACYS BIG BLOG said...

Oh my GOD. That FOOD sounds wonderful. You lucky thing you. I would love to stay in that fancy Hotel. You are so spoiled. But you deserve to be pampered. See ya tonight. Hey Katie will be there also right?
Tracy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home