Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Saturday, May 28, 2005

A Shopping Saturday


Jen, Bethany & Katie
Originally uploaded by sfarewell.

I was lucky enough to share my weekend with Katie and two of her college buddies. Jen is from Hawaii & had never been to Seattle. Bethany is from Portland and a seasoned Seattle shopper. They gave me a good workout from Pike Place Market to Westlake Center to Pacific Place and all shopping points in between. I'm typically not much of a shopper, but this group is very inspiring. It has been a great weekend & I am sad to say that tomorrow they will go back for dead week and finals. Though I probably couldn't keep up with them for another day.

2 Comments:

At 5/28/2005 10:50 PM, Blogger TRACYS BIG BLOG said...

Oh Sandy. you did have fun. I know you hate to see Katie go back to school, but that's life. Girl do I have news. To day I did that 66 mile bike ride. OH MY GOD. I crashed. Yes thats right, head over heals, hurt knees but, the bike was saved by my big old body. What happen was I got this horrible CRAMP in my right leg. We were only 12 mile from my car. I left the group I was with and was flying down the road when the crashed happend. My right leg just sort of said, "For get you buddy", and my leg would not move at all. Of course I am locked in to the pedals, so BANG. On the Ground I went. Will let you know more later. Oh, are we still going to do our ride on Monday? I plan on doing another ride on sunday. But it's only about 35 miles. Talk to ya later.
Tracy

 
At 5/29/2005 8:50 AM, Blogger Grandma Willoughby said...

Looks like you gals picked the perfect day to wander the shops. Doesn't get much nicer than that. Did you find lots of goodies? You'll have to tell me all about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home