Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

A Busy Saturday

Last week I decided that I was going to be a Weight Watchers saint from now until the end of the school year. Well sainthood has paid off. Today at the weekly weigh in the scale said that I lost 4.6 lbs. It looks like those last 20 lbs. better be afraid, very, very afraid.

I went to the Para Educators conference today. I attended a couple of workshops, one of which was very good and the other that was ehhhhhhhhh. The main reason that I went was that some of the wonderful people who I work with nominated me for Para of the Year. They said some very nice things about me, which, of course, made my skin crawl. I didn't win. That was ok, because I would have had to hug the Superintendent, a twilight zone moment if there ever was one. It just felt good that the people that I work with think what I do everyday helps.

The day ended with a photo shoot for the dogs. At my new favorite dog store they have these cool dog pictures hanging up. The artist responsible does dog portraits and had appts. today that anyone could sign up for. So I took the kids. They behaved, well, like dogs, so hopefully the pictures will turn out. If you want to see some samples of the photographers work, check out http://cowbellyproofs.smugmug.com/gallery/111331

ttfn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home