Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Knittin' Crazed

The end of January I decided to TRY knitting. I was convinced that it would be too hard for me. Luckily, I met Roxi & she was adamant that she could teach ANYONE to knit. I figured if she could teach me, she could teach anyone. So 2 1/2 months, 6 scarves, 1 purse, a pair of socks, and a hat later, I have completed my 1st sweater (actually sleeveless shell). No one is more shocked than me.

I started knitting so I could do something more productive while watching TV than cheating at Burning Monkey Solitaire on the computer. And now I love it. I have already started on sweater #2 . & it will have actual sleeves (short sleeves, but sleeves none the less). And surprisingly enough, it will be green. My goal is to be wearing it by June 1st. Keep your fingers crossed.

ttfn, that 5:15 Spin Class comes early in the AM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home