Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Monday, March 31, 2008

SURPRISE!!!!

As I was getting things ready for dinner this afternoon, there was a knock at my door. I could tell the person was holding a big bouquet of flowers. When I opened the door he said, "Happy Birthday". Wrong. He noticed the sign on the house, but I had to explain that it was for my house's birthday. Look of confusion. But I said the flowers must be for someone else. He said, "Sandy?" Ok, I'll take them if you insist. Aren't they the most beautiful flowers you have ever seen?



Still confused I opened the card. Then the tears just started running down my face.



I may be going to Italy on Thursday to bicycle around Tuscany, but truth be told .... no matter how magical and wonderful this trip will be, it won't be as fabulous as spending time, just hanging out with Katie. Ti amo, Katie. Molto Grazie!!!!

2 Comments:

At 4/01/2008 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's a gorgeous bouquet!

Arlene,
Port Orchard florist

 
At 4/04/2008 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being mushy at heart, just reading this made me a little teary eyed. She's so sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home