Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Dawn at the Y

For those of you who don't believe that Mitch is at the Y at 5:30 am ... here is your photographic proof. I think this is week # 3 and he is still going strong. Way to kick bootay on the elliptical trainer Mitchy!!!



Jewel and Paul, also morning Y visitors. The challenge is on!!! Who will burn 500 calories first???? Sorry Paul, my money is on Jewel. That Cybex machine is a killer!




But this very morning, we have special guests at the Y. A few weeks ago I attended the Tacoma School of the Arts auction and I was lucky enough to walk out with the string quartet. OK, not literally. But I did win a performance by them at the venue and time of my choosing. I thought the Y might need a little early morning culture. And I thought the kids might enjoy serenading their favorite teacher, Paul. Actually, seeing him in his workout gear sweating to Pacabel's Canon would be a sight they would never forget. Hopefully it won't scar them for life.



Thank you Katie Youtz, Annie Truscott, Alex Bischoff, & Simone Placentia. I hope that the students and staff at SOTA appreciate your incredible sacrifice for the good of school. Way to take one for the team!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home