Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Trimmin' the Tree

People often ask me why I do Monday night dinner, every single Monday night, hosting a potluck for neighbors and friends. Well this is the very reason: After a very busy weekend, I didn't have the energy or desire to decorate the tree. So I plotted an evil plan. Put up the tree and wait. Wait for the Monday nighters to arrive & have them decorate the tree. A kind of holiday spin on the Tom Sawyer white wash the fence story.

My plan worked even better than I had imagined. Eve & Eli arrived first with their parents in tow. They were just like a Christmas decorating Thing 1 and Thing 2 from the Cat in the Hat. It was a frenzied blur of ornament hanging.

You might think I took a bad picture of Eve. But it was all Eve's fault. She was moving too fast for the camera.



Here Eli is giving his Mom important design advice. See Mary, I didn't take a picture of your backside this time.



Thank you Boone Robinsons for your expert assistance. I hope that you are excited as I am to put it all away when you return from Iowa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home