Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Ole'

There is this new spot in town that I have been dying to go to called The Matador on Pacific & 8th in downtown Tacoma . A couple of months ago I noticed the rod iron work that they were doing on the outside of the building which peaked my interest. Then last week I coerced Katie into checking it out with me only to find that the entire restaurant was 21 & over. Sorry hunny, just two more weeks. But even with a breif glimpse I thought the inside looked cooler than the outside and it smelled amazing.



Last night we had Friday Follies there. Friday Follies is a group a friends that I worked with 2 years ago & we are still in such denial that we don't work together everyday, that we continue to meet on a regular basis. Last year we had coffee every Friday morning. Now since a couple of us have to be at work by 7 (our old meeting time) the others aren't willing to meet us at 5:30am for coffee (I think their priorities are amiss). So the group has evolved into an afterwork Friday thing. What is really fun is that Tacoma home to some fun new places & we feel that it is our responsibility, to society as a whole, to check out each and every one of these new establishments.

I can report that The Matador is fabulous. Food great! Beverages great (c'mon, its Friday, what else would I say)! And atmosphere fantastic! The service was very good, but I can't give it a rave because we did hit them on crazy Friday night Happy Hour & they still are very new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home