Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Happy Mother's Day to Me!!!!!!!!!!!!




I am the luckiest Mom in the world because I have the most wonderful, thoughtful, fabulous daughter on the planet. Look what she sent me today at work. She is soooooo sneaky. Of course, everyone in the whole school (many of which are mothers who didn't get flowers) were totally jealous of these beauties (hehehe). Another wonderful thing about this arrangement was the vase fit in my car drink holder (Katie knows oh too well how I drive) so I didn't have to drive home with them gripped tightly between my legs, getting my lap all wet. What an amazingly thoughtful child she is! Of course she's a big fat liar too. She called me last night to tell me that the card she bought got into the mail late & probably wouldn't arrive until Monday ... and that was all I was getting from her (poor starving college student that she is). But I was just thrilled that I was getting a card from her. Thrilled! So today just absolutely blew me away.

Now I just have to find the right place in the house to put them.







Or maybe I'll just carry them from room to room with me so I can enjoy them wherever I go!

1 Comments:

At 5/19/2006 6:04 PM, Blogger Sherry Roberts said...

Personally I like the flowers on the toilet - shows class Sandy.

I too got beautiful flowers from my kids - and believe it or not, they are still great looking after 11 days!

Sherry Roberts

 

Post a Comment

<< Home