Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Paddy's Day!!!

It ain't easy being green. Well, actually, it is quiet easy being green for me. It's not just a color, it's a lifestyle.

So, I wasn't going to dress up for work today. But then everybody at work was speculating on what I would wear today. So I realized that the expectations were high and I had a reputation to up hold. So I went to the green section of my closet and came up with this stunning ensemble. Looks pretty tame doesn't it? Pretty respectable. Just wait ...

I had a little surprise for all of the girls in the front office. Being a religious holiday, such as it is, you have to raise a glass to the patron saint of Ireland.

Now I know you're all jealous. I am guessing that you must be green with envy.

And now for a glimpse of the local "Teacher Bar". We all headed to the E9 (Enginehouse # 9) after work. The excuse was Christen & Tammy's birthdays, or St. Patrick's day, or heck, just because it's a Friday. If you ever wondered how your elementary school teachers spent their Friday afternoons after you went home for milk and cookies, wonder no longer. This is what they all did after you climbed onto your Schwinn Stingray with the banana seat, tassles hanging from each handle bar and road into the sunset. Didn't know that did ya?

3 Comments:

At 3/18/2006 1:29 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

Hey, it's not all green, I have at least 6% of my closet space dedicated to black (since it goes so well with green). I love your shoes too, thanks for making me get a matching pair. & this is the moment that every mother lives for, when her 20 year old daughter tells her that she has a "hot butt". Love you hunny!

 
At 3/19/2006 8:30 AM, Blogger TRACYS BIG BLOG said...

Can you get any Greener...??? I don't think so. You are crazy. I just love you Sandy. Robert and I sat here and just laughed at all your hot shots of you in green. Where did you get the shorts with the words, green with envy? That was just too cute.
Looks like all of you had a blast at school, I wish when I went to school I had school teachers that were so COOL...
Tracy :)

 
At 3/27/2006 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whenever I get a free (nano)second, I check out your blog...well worth the wait! Cheers to the Irish; indeed raise a pint...:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home