Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Back to Spin @ 5 AM

Happy, happy, joy, joy. I am back into my workout routine for the school year. Can't tell you how excited I am to hear my alarm chime at 4:35 again. In the car by 4:50 with my workout clothes on & my trusty water bottle at my side so I can be at the Downtown Y when the doors open. Gotta get up to the spin room so I can pick out my bike before anyone else gets their mitts on it. I wish I could say that after 45 minutes of spin with Beth (my favorite spin instructor) I realized how much I missed it over the summer. Unfortunately what I did realize after about 5 minutes was how much my butt hurt on the seat. Warm ups were followed by 3 10 minute hills with a 2 minute rest in between (like that helps). So my goal today was to just live through it. And I did. And I will be back on Friday to face Liz, the Spin Dominatrix, pray for me.

Tracy keeps buggin me to do the Puyallup ride on Sundays. It's easy he says. Only 30 miles. Mostly flat. And I thought to myself while spinning, if I rode on Sunday, I could justify making Monday my day off. Now that has possibilities. Setting my alarm for 6:15 on Mondays & still able to get out of the house by 7 for that all important latte run. Of course that means I would miss spin class with Walter, no comment.

2 Comments:

At 9/08/2005 7:41 AM, Blogger TRACYS BIG BLOG said...

Well, no COMMENT for Walters spin class..... I wonder why. I sure do miss going to spin class with you and the rest of the gang. I need to start going again doing the week. I only go on Saturday. But I do go and do spin on my own doing the week. I will try to stop by on Friday 09/09/05 to hit you up for donation for the AIDS WALK. See ya then.
Tracy

 
At 9/08/2005 5:19 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

Well after you do spin on Saturday, who can compare to that workout???? As for Friday, I'll be here, hit me up but good big boy!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home