Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Ta Da ... All done


farewell scarf complete
Originally uploaded by sfarewell.

Did this turn out cute, or what??? I really had a lot of fun knitting this scarf and it feels really good to wear. Just wish it wasn't June so I could wear it. (That's a lie, becausse I am really so glad that it's June & school is out & I looking down the barrel of a nice, long summer). So it would probably be more appropriate to say that when the seasons do change and it gets colder (a long, long time from now) I will have this great scarf to soften the blow.

Dig the fringe. It's called corkscrew fringe and it is done with a crochet hook and I figured out how to do it all by myself, Hey, I'm impressed. Now I have to resist the impulse to add corkscrew fringe to everything I knit. But it did give me an idea. If I experiment with the pattern for this fringe and had the right yarn, I bet I could knit an artichoke. I could quit my job (oh, that's right, I kinda don't have a job) knit artichokes like crazy. Then I could pack them into mini wooden artichoke crates, market them to Walmart and they would become like the pet rock of the 70's. Everyone would have to have one. I would make appearances on the Today show and David Letterman. People would recognize me at fancy restaurants when I would be dining with Oprah. I would be such a big celebrate that I could run for the governor of California and win. Since I am a natural born citizen, the White House would be next. I would bring all the troops home and put all that war money into education and elementary school teachers would never have to count copies again. Just a thought.

3 Comments:

At 6/27/2005 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SANDY... YOU ARE TRULY AN INCREDIBLE LADY. I LOVE YOU MUCH!!

MUCHO HUGS N KISSES
YOURGINOGUY

 
At 6/28/2005 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandy....You're an awesome woman! FIrst you knit a scarf that looks like a peacock feather (I love the colors!!) then you want to knit artichokes -- I say do it! It would be a hit!!
By the way, what's with artichokes and green??? healthy no doubt ...... clue this lost cuz in ok?

 
At 6/29/2005 10:56 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

Well artichokes are my favorite food on the planet, would give up chocolate before I gave up artichokes. Green is more than a favorite color, it is a lifestyle choice. I love all greens and all things green. The things I enjoy most in life, I just love with reckless abandon. Katie says that I am obsessed. Ok, obsession is not a bad thing. I mean if I am going to love something, I'm going to love it with reckless abandon. Why not, it's really more fun that way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home