Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Pilates

I thought after more than a year of spin and 6 months of yoga, I had discovered every single muscle in my body. In my quest to find new Y classes to go to that don't start at 5:15 am, I went to Pilates. And low and behold, I discovered that there are muscles that have been hiding out. My big fear is that they will let me know tomorrow how really unhappy that they are that I went to Pilates. It was fun. Not really, but the best part was that my alarm didn't go off at 4:40am. I am hoping that parts of my body will hate Pilates so much that they will get in a huff and leave, since these last 20 lbs seem unwilling to leave.

2 Comments:

At 6/30/2005 7:34 AM, Blogger Grandma Willoughby said...

I feel your pain. And soon I'll feel my own. I shudder to think what my muscles will do once I get back into the gym. Or my kayak. They're hurtin' just thinking about it.

 
At 6/30/2005 10:41 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

Well, darling, we will just have to go out kayaking together. I have 2 sittin' in my garage. Let's pick a nice sunny Monday, before I go back to work in September and hit the waves. Then we can knit and whine all day Tuesday afterwards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home