Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Friends & Pink Martinis


tom & jewel
Originally uploaded by sfarewell.

Go Jewel, go! Go Jewel, go!

I thought the theme this week was no theme, or bring whatever. It seems that without my knowledge or consent a sub theme was cooked up last week. So surprise, surprise the table was covered with artichoke dishes and food that was green. The decorations were all pink martinis, with giant martini glasses filled with fresh fruit and pink cool whip. Mmmmmmmmmmm. It was too much fun! I must admit that I loved it.

I'm so glad that my Monday night buddies appreciate Monday night dinners. And no thanks are needed because, to be totally honest, Monday night is a selfish endeavour on my part. It's my way of getting a group of very incredible people to come over and keep me company one night a week. I feel very lucky that I have friends who are willing to do this.

1 Comments:

At 5/24/2005 4:39 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

The wisdom that I have collected at my advanced age is that stuff is just stuff & what we do is just what we do, but truly the people we care about and who care about us make life worth living. BTW, you should see the pic that Jewel wouldn't let me post of her and Peter .... I'll email it to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home