Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Do we know how to par-tay or what?


spa party
Originally uploaded by sfarewell.

You'd never see this in the 60s at a Tupperware party, but this is a new millineum. It's proof that it has been a long week when women get together just to drape a warm lavendar soaked wash cloth on their faces and just breath deeply. Luckily, I have a lot of friends and co-workers that are willing to do this (& likely they had no idea what so ever that I would take this picture). Note the empty bottle of wine. That might have had a bit to do with their willingness. A few such bottles generously gave their lives for the cause. I would mention everyone pictured by name, but there may be reasons that they put the wash cloths on their faces when I snapped this picture. I am so very glad that I can create the environment where this can take place (mostly because it means that I don't have to drive home afterwards). Actually, I had so much fun, and was so glad that so many people came, that I have to that you all for the great end of my week!

3 Comments:

At 5/14/2005 5:45 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

After this year, I am sure that we could use a week at a spa. But then it might be too tough to come back and face real life. So a day sounds very nice. Count me in!

 
At 5/15/2005 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandy-

As usual you provided so many of us with a fantastic, relaxing evening that we could all enjoy. I think that everyone had such a great time! Thank goodness Diana was so patient! The wine kept pouring and so did the laughter! Thank you for always thinking of your friends and creating such memorable events.

Monday night - hot and spicy! After seeing the pictures of Robert I can't wait to see what they bring in their Tupperware tomorrow! Fabulous Robert! SOOOOOOO impressed! Watch out for Sandy's "Hot Links"...... More to come!

 
At 5/15/2005 8:16 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

it was ... you just never know who is reading out there. there was 20+ people at this gathering ... can you recognize who is in this picture?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home