Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Saturday, May 07, 2005

20 down, 128 to go


it's growing
Originally uploaded by sfarewell.

I know I said my goal was to be wearing this sweater on June 1st & I am confident that I will, only June 1st, 2006. Hopefully, the more I do, the faster they will go. So that's the theory.

I went to a wonderful all day Danish Domino knitting class today in Seattle taught by Susanna Hansson. I took her color class in March and it gave me the courage to tackle another project that I am currently working on. It's a doll purse & I will post a pic of that when it's closer to being done. Check out her website and see all of the cool projects she teaches. http://www.oneofsusannas.com/

My knittin' buddy Jessica came too. She is only working on her 2nd scarf and she really jumped off of the deep end doing dominos, and she did great (knitted more of them than I did). Danish Dominos are very similar to these mitered squares and I picked up some great tips that will make my squares look better and go quicker.

Now it's off to listen to Tom sing with the NW Lutheran choir ..... can't keep Peter waiting or he will leave without me.

ttfn

2 Comments:

At 5/08/2005 8:04 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

I am really surprised at how much I enjoy knitting. I was also SHOCKED at how many really cool things someone can knit. I am enjoying everything that I am making & have a list of about 10 more things that I HAVE to make next. If you have an afternoon free while you're here, I will take you on a little shopping spree at my favorite knitting shop & introduce you to Roxi. If she can teach me to knit, she can teach anyone, even you. Knitting has made waiting (which I never realized how much of my life I spent waiting) fun!

 
At 5/08/2005 12:37 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

Thanks for the Happy Mom's Day. I love this day because it reminds me that I am so very lucky to be your Mom, it's been the best experience of my life!

Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home