Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Greetings from Iowa

My favorite all time movie is Field of Dreams ... Don't ask me why. I could just watch this movie every single day for the rest of my life. Today, my phone rang and a little voice said, " Hi Sandy, we are at a place that you want to go to really, really bad." It was Eve and I knew exactly where she was. She was in Dyersville, Iowa on Lansing Road. This is the location of the movie, Field of Dreams. Isn't it beautiful? The field, the house, the corn, it's all there!!! Sigh.



Look at these lucky kids .... they are standing in the same corn that Ray Liotta & James Earl Jones disappeared into. The same corn that Kevin Costner walked around in. I hope they realize how lucky they are.



And the wind up. Here goes Eve with the throw to the plate!!! Wow, she's good enough to make it to the bigs, I think the White Sox need a little help.



Saaa MACK!!!!!!!! Shoeless Joe Jackson hits another one out of the park!!! Actually its Eli, doesn't he look great! And the crowd goes wild. Kinda. I guess they don't pay extras what they used to.



OK, that's it. I can't believe Eve & Eli are there. It's not fair. They haven't even seen the movie once & I have watched it eleventy million times! I need to walk through the corn, stand on the field and spend a ridiculous amount of money in the gift shop. "For reasons I can't even explain, I am going to Iowa." Look out Dean & Sue, the Field of Dreams stalker is coming to town.

1 Comments:

At 8/12/2007 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1: Start out going SOUTH on N TAMA ST toward E MAIN ST. <0.1 miles
2: Turn LEFT onto E MAIN ST. 0.4 miles
3: Turn RIGHT onto BAILEY DR / CR-D5X / CR-X21. 1.0 miles
4: Merge onto US-20 E via the ramp on the LEFT. 15.8 miles
5: Turn LEFT onto 3RD ST SW. 0.8 miles
6: Turn RIGHT onto 3RD AVE SW. 0.2 miles
7: Turn LEFT onto 2ND ST SE. 0.1 miles
8: End at Dyersville, IA US
Total Est. Time: 23 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 18.64 miles

 

Post a Comment

<< Home