Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

a knitting break

As I am experiencing my "sock" period in my knitting life, I made these little striped beauties for Katie. I am fascinated by self striping yarn and thrilled not to have to change colors manually, sewing in all of thoes ends. But after I am all done with the pair, I have an itty bit of yarn left over. What to do???



Then I came up with it. A knitted sleeve for a hot paper latte cup. Actually, I prefer to call them cup condoms. And when you knit in the patten of K2 P2, you create this ribbed affect. So I apologize, but I just have to say it. Not only do they keep latte drinker safe from harm, but they are "ribbed for her pleasure". Again, I am sorry but I just couldn't resist.

2 Comments:

At 6/08/2007 10:52 AM, Blogger Arctic Knitter said...

Coffee condoms! Snort! I LOVE that! You are so clever! The socks are awesome - I am also on a sock jag. I knit a pair of self striping socks a while back, but the 2nd skein of yarn was wound backwards, so the pattern is upside down of the 1st sock. Gotta love it! Hopefully we'll meet soon. I'm still laughing!...

 
At 6/08/2007 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only applaud the safety factor involved in holding the cup! We wouldn't want any unintended leakages, now would we?! Better safe than sorry - that's our motto! And the cuteness factor can not be measured by modern technology! You are too funny!! What a great idea - a partnership with Starbucks is clearly in your future! Some type of retail - you better get a pattend on that puppy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home