Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Dishcloth Adventures

Help! I've fallen into the 1950's and I can't get up!!!!

While I was at the Madrona Fiber Arts Retreat last weekend, I met another knitter (amazing!) named Zola. She told me about this really cool blog where they post intructions for knitting a dishcloth. Not too exciting, huh? Well the cool part is that they make it a mystery, posting only a few rows each day. You log on, knit the rows d'jour and then you wait in breathless anticipation for the next 24 hours for your next instructions. In a week or so you have a cool new dishcloth. Do I sound like June Cleaver yet?

Now the truly sad part. When I got home from the Retreat I jumped on the internet and found, not one but TWO different websites that feature Mystery Knitted Dishcloths. So guess what I did? You got it, I am now on the adventure of a lifetime, knitting TWO Mystery dishcloths.

This is a picture of day #1 of one of the dishcloths.



And now for day #2. I bet you can't wait to see the finished work of art emerge in just a few days. Stay tuned!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home