Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

What day is it Today???

All this snow and no school, the days just seem to run together. If the local districts ever wanted to see what year round school is like, this year they will certainly get a taste of it. I think today makes our last day of school June 29th, one more snow day and we will be into July. Following that train of thought, a friend of mine who teaches in Tacoma asked me yesterday how I am enjoying my summer vacation. I've decided I'm just going to enjoy my summer right now. Today, I may even grab a book and jump into the hammock in the back yard.




And now, an email from a concerned Tacoma School District parent:

Another snow day--my kids are getting dumber by the second.

In the olden days---I believe one house would start up the fireplace and gather all the neighboorhood kids. The teachers would all gather at that house, pull together scraps of paper and pencils and teach the kids until they could reopen the schools.

Then again--you guys could just go to the Parkway.....

Warmest regards,
Mitch
(at work/Tuesday, 8am)

1 Comments:

At 1/16/2007 7:17 PM, Blogger TRACYS BIG BLOG said...

Oh, my GOD, Sandy that is a lot of SNOW! Today was cold out, we had a high of 28 today, with light drops of snow. I could even SEE IT. It looked like salt falling out of a salt and peper shaker. It gave me a bit of a Shudder.
Well, anyway, I hope your having a wonderful SUMMER. Since it looks like you will be still in School to make up all this lost time.
Tracy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home