Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Wait, Wait, still in Chicago!

Wait, Wait don't tell me is taped on Thursday nights. So last night we went & it was a hoot. After the elections on Tuesday they had a lot of material to pull from. After the show we talked to the cast. I really enjoyed talking to Tom Bodett. When I told him that I was from Tacoma, he asked "Where in Tacoma?" I thought are you kidding me??? It seems that Tom & his family lived in Gig Harbor for 5 years while his son attended Charles Wright. His son just happened to graduate with a good friend of Katie's from the Hockey Years. Small planet.



Today, the sun left and we hit the Magnificant Mile. Katie discovered the true meaning of "Windy City". So we headed over to Navy Pier where we could shop & sight see in a warm environment.



Katie took a moment to visit the psychiartist couch get some free therapy from Dr. Bob Hartley. If you are under the age of 40 you might need to visit Bob Newhart on imdb.



This is the view of the city from Navy Pier. Notice that familiar Tacoma grey sky. We were greeted with rain as we headed back to more shopping on the Mag Mile. Within a few hours we got a treat of a real Midwest light show: Lightning!!!!! All we need is some snow & we will have experienced all the weather Chicago has to offer.

2 Comments:

At 11/13/2006 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE "Wait Wait!" Glad to hear it was a lot of fun. (And going to see "Wicked"...in Chicago no less; you guys have a great time!)
Dottie

 
At 11/13/2006 8:28 PM, Blogger TRACYS BIG BLOG said...

Hi Sandy and Katie. You guys have all the fun. I told Robert I was going to drive the six hours to chicago and see you guys. But then I thought, dear god. Why don't I just take a train and then catch a cab and meet you guys at the Show. Sounds good and all. But I got lost here trying to find a train. Everybody I talked to said, "They did not live here". I told them that makes two of us.....hahhaha.
Glad you had a blast. Can't wait for the show to come to Louisville. I did go to a Wonderful Drag show. It was AMAZING. Robert is going to go see the show on Friday with some friends from work.
I called you but you guys were having way to much fun. I hope the Monday dinner went ok.
Love you guys, take care.
Tracy, Robert and Yes the cat from hell MORGAN :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home