Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Is it snowing yet in Iowa???

I know I'm not going to get a White Christmas this year. Katie & I are visiting relatives in Yuma, Arizona. If you look on the map, Yuma is right next to where George is planning to build the big fence. It's sunny & in the 70's in Yuma this time of year. So for my White Christmas I am relying on my friends Eve and Eli to bring me some snow (or at least snow pictures) from Manchester, Iowa. Eve and Eli are visiting their Grandparents Dean & Sue Boone. Hi Dean! Mitch tells me that next to the Drudge Report, my blog is your favorite website. Who knew I would have a fan in the Midwest?

Doesn't look like much of a White Christmas there in Iowa either. In fact, it looks mighty green (not a bad color choice). Here we have Eli and Grandpa Dean in the great outdoors. Eli, are you wearing swim trunks? It must be pretty warm back there in Iowa.



By the way Dean, I may have to come out and visit you some time in the summer. I understand you live pretty close to my favorite baseball field. For those of you who have never read my blog profile, it's the baseball field from my favorite movie, Field of Dreams. I can't tell you why. but I love everything about that movie and I could probably watch it every single day without ever growing tired of it.



With all the crazy weather happening in Tacoma it sure does take its toll on the city employees. Especially the power and cable crews. Not to mention the cable execs. Poor Mitch has been working way too hard. I must admit though, after a few hours back in Iowa, you do looks years younger. Enjoy your vacation Boone Robinsons.

1 Comments:

At 12/26/2006 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for providing much entertainment for the Iowa crowd. My folks say you're always welcome here. I'm happy to accompany you on any Field of Dreams treks ... by the way ... no snow. It's unseasonably warm ... low to mid-30s! Enjoy your time away! mb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home